07./08. september 2022
The „Strategy and Methods Laboratories“ (SuMupLAB‘s) are one of the central event formats for promoting interdisciplinary exchange in SPP 2255. Sie richten sich explizit an die Bearbeiterinnen und Bearbeiter in den einzelnen Teilprojekten des SPP. They are explicitly aimed at the processors in the individual subprojects of the SPP. Each one from them should participate in one of the three SuMupLABs during the three-year funding period.
The two-day workshops take place in prominent architectural monuments of high modernism, which show clear references to the respective annual theme of the SPP 2255. Exemplary on site from different perspectives
- The history of the building and its value as a monument are to be substantiated,
- options for appropriate technical findings are presented,
- The chances and difficulties of preservation and development are discussed
- as well as perspectives for future use.
Equal consideration is given to questions of monument preservation, construction technology and materials science. Invited experts will give input presentations and will be available as discussion partners in the further course.
Under the direction of Dr.-Ing. Roland May, SuMupLAB 2022 took the participants to the former Cottbus-Nord airfield. The site, which was used for military purposes from 1933 to 2003, is currently being developed into an industrial location in the context of structural change in Lusatia. This raises crucial questions about the future authenticity of an ensemble of five aircraft hangars that is unique in Germany.
The following experts were invited to take part:
- Dr.-Eng. Joram Tutsch, Structural engineer in Kayser + Böttges | Barthel + Maus, Ingenieure und Architekten GmbH, München
- Dipl.-Eng. Sebastian Hettchen & Dr. Lars Scharnholz, Institut für Neue Industriekultur INIK GmbH, Cottbus
- Prof. Dr.-Eng. Werner Lorenz, SPP 2255.